Learning Kivy 2nd day. Today I used laptop and not a phone😅, wrote python in VScode for the first time (was using Pycharm). Also this week I'll constantly have a laptop to code, so yeah gonna learn many things.Wrote a rap parody of Batman by Jaden Smith, started orientation for Andover, and am going to try to learn the basics of jazz piano in 2 weeks for tryouts lol — also am going to be auditioning for midsummer’s night dream yay!Toodles...with... Doodles😂 😃 and Sherlock Holmes 😂Wrote some docs today. These aren’t the actual docs I worked on, but I can’t show you the real oneswrote a short extra credit response to this documentary, quite interesting history about berkeley actuallyI present... the batguin!wrote some cybersec articles today 🙂wrote a very unfun essay for class, heres a happy sun to keep me sane I wrote a workshop, for workshops.hackclub.com and it was the first one to get accepted!!!! WOOT WOOT!!
It's a workshop all about CSS, which learn through making an epic Scrapbook profile! if you've got some time please do check it out at: workshops.hackclub.com/scrapbook_css I love feedback!! if you use at a club please please do send me photos!!
thank you @zrl and @lachlanjc for helping make the workshop ultra epic!the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…Successfully wrote three pages of movie scripts!Wrote a guide to iguana salt gland function for a biology class!First line of code I wrote in like 3 days"Those who can't keep their hands to themselves don't deserve to have them" - ShivaTried to practice animating wavy hair - still need a bit of practice but anyways...doesn't look too badI made some "pop" art in art in the dark!some more notes from my class pre-study. I wrote several important emails today & I’ve been thinking a lot about some heavy stuff. Converted my site to Next.js and wrote some actually good code for once! Also, code splitting is 😍Setup ssh and vnc for my rpi zero-w (first boot) and wrote some basic code, thats all.Wrote an article and drew Norpheus, I know it's quite the masterpieceSo uh today:
Tried to tackle the 5V problem of the nixie clock
Discovered the NOT gate as a NPN transistor
Designed simple schematic to power 5V regulator if 12V supplied
Sadly this circuit won't work after some research
Time to try to learn about MOSFET
Why is transistors so confusing and hard?
I wonder... I wonder...
I don't know what I wrote, there's no rhymes, that's a bit sad but I don't like writing with rhymes anyway xdWrote a short blurb on how discrete derivatives are a linear transformation (starptr.netlify.app/blog/discrete-derivate-linearity)There’s also this which I forgot to post a while back 😅 🖋️ 🖊️ (which one was it I forgot)Today I worked on the UI of my CodeLabs project's admin dashboard and fixed a crucial bug, getting close to the finish line! I might even get the admin dashboard done tomorrow :party-dinosaur:
Also loads of hardware grants stuff done, was up super late last night reviewing about 100 applications, but we did it! ✅