Created a profile document for Hack Club PESCECTF Rankings for tonight!Board meeting today. Since February: 2k average daily messages on Slack -> 10k average daily, 1.3k Twitter followers -> 12.3k. Hack Club Bank total transactions $1.36m -> $1.89m ($534k increase). AMAs as a format started. Summer of Making. 100s of hardware grants sent, 1,000s of #scrapbook posts made. Photo is of everywhere Summer of Making stickers are going (127 countries). $610k in donations received from 8 new donors.
Talked work schedule over next few weeks with team. Some light work on
/z. @melody made awesome grilled chicken for dinner.
the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…I made a new pfp with the help of #picrews and the awesome hack club overlay! Its quality can be improved, mostly because the 2 images are different resolutions - I will trace it into an svg once I have some free time.Every two weeks, @christina695 & @zrl & I write a newsletter to Hack Club’s biggest donors & supporters. Though they look simple, we each spend many hours planning, writing, editing, revising, & testing them. They’ve been an incredibly useful tool for our fundraising, so as we send out new ones, we open source old ones, six weeks behind. Since I’ve been writing our latest issue, I’ve also published our issue from May 20. Here’s a video of the shortcut I made on my iPad to publish! A hack club workshop has been published for the discord bot I made! Check it out at: workshops.hackclub.com/pyramid_discord_botGot an invitation to join the Hack Club Organisation on GitHubWorking on fixing some final bugs with the Students Who Code site! Tomorrow I am going to plan a launch date!
Also today I submitted my schools Hack Club application!!! :hack_club: Finally got most of my hardware here! So excited to begin work!
Thank you @sampoder for all your help with the process!Today was quite interesting, I got to see a lot of thoughtful discussions. Anyways, here’s the highlight of my day! I’m finally in the HackClub github org!! :)) Two months ago today, I was invited to join this strange-looking Slack workspace where everyone knew how to code. These past two months have been some of the coolest in my life! :parrot: