the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…
Fixed some more bugs & made some optimizations to scrappy, but otherwise it was a slow day today. Today was the hottest day of the week (90 degrees!), and the place we’re staying at doesn’t have air conditioning, so @lachlanjc and I went for a kayak/swim in the lake earlier. I am so excited for the tools we’re planning to build next week and later!!!
I wrote a workshop, for workshops.hackclub.com and it was the first one to get accepted!!!! WOOT WOOT!!
It's a workshop all about CSS, which learn through making an epic Scrapbook profile! if you've got some time please do check it out at: workshops.hackclub.com/scrapbook_css I love feedback!! if you use at a club please please do send me photos!!
thank you @zrl and @lachlanjc for helping make the workshop ultra epic!
Spent the day driving from Vermont to Pennsylvania with @lachlanjc. Tomorrow I’m driving 8 hours to home in West Lafayette, IN. The red car in the distance is mine (taken during a lunch stop in Greenwich, NY)
Got a very nice package from @lachlanjc, thank you Lachlan and everyone else involved! This summer was a unique and fun experience for me, thank you for helping make that happen! Here are some epic socks I got:
It's so damn few weeks back 😔 had alot to do but couldn't get any available computer to do stuff...just staring at this little graphics I got from @lachlanjc twitter TL or maybe it's even Hack club TL 🤔 (not sure of it)...hope to get computer to work with soon. Those with one are really lucky haha...have a cool weekend 😍
Almost finished moving out of our New Haven office with @msw and @lachlanjc. Hoping to be completely moved out by tomorrow. This office has been sitting idle since mid-March, when COVID hit and all of us dashed out to various places. A lot of my stuff was still here because I went on a big trip to Denver in early March and never came back to New Haven. I'm glad we're finally moving out of here, though it is kinda sad to see the place the clubs team called home for a year go away.
I relaaaaaaxed today after a long week. I’m feeling great about this school year :partyparrot: I also spent a while looking at monthly Airbnb rentals in cool small towns across the country—hoping to live in many different places this year. Here’s @lachlanjc posting to their scrapbook and @cwalker building something cool
received a package from @lachlanjc today! wow - I was so surprised! thank you so much to lachlan for sending this, @cwalker for the inspiring note, and to all of hq for this amazing gift! it was really awesome to work with all of you this summer and I’m so grateful for all the support you’ve given. also enjoy this friendly orpheus a la chris
Video call with Roshan and Elise! Also putting the finishing touches on the recap website! Thanks @lachlanjc for your feedback, only one checkbox to go! Last night, we launched the scavenger hunt which is fun!