Had a productive day, though I took a break to watch the :appleinc: Apple Event with @matthew. (Not buying anything yet, somehow!) Made the first version of unified transaction lists on :bank-hackclub: Hack Club Bank (pictured below!), improved the 🧾 receipt experience for the new Stripe Issuing cards. (Lots more coming there.) Also worked with @christina695 at the end of the day, bringing some design polish to a slide deck for an upcoming donor call.
Every two weeks, @christina695 & @zrl & I write a newsletter to Hack Club’s biggest donors & supporters. Though they look simple, we each spend many hours planning, writing, editing, revising, & testing them. They’ve been an incredibly useful tool for our fundraising, so as we send out new ones, we open source old ones, six weeks behind. Since I’ve been writing our latest issue, I’ve also published our issue from May 20. Here’s a video of the shortcut I made on my iPad to publish!
the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…
Productive day yesterday!
• I got our old domains working again (they previously didn’t point toward us, now they just redirect): hackclub.org, hackclub.io, hackedu.us
• Made all the frontend changes for taking down the Apply site in preparation for the new Clubs program this fall
• Began migrating back to the pre-SOM Slack signup flow; CORS nailed me a few times so finishing today
• Made a plan to begin distributing the iPad gifts with @amogh & @dinaelhanan, had a quick call with @christina695, & @tmb was really helpful as well. Super excited to move that project forward!
• Started working on automated checks for various API endpoints around Hack Club; finishing today. Hoping to have a public dashboard
• Removed legacy analytics from v3; need to fix analytics on v2 site today
Today, focused on a wide range of primarily maintenance updates across the org. Photo is from walking around Bloomington last night with @matthew 😊